Chiropractic Treatment in Falls Church for Sprain & Strain Injuries
Strain and Sprain injuries in Falls Church are successfully treated with chiropractic and physical therapy.
A sprain occurs when there is stretching or tearing of ligaments. Ligaments connect two bones together. The ankle tends to be the most common site for a sprain.
A strain can occur when there is tearing or stretching of a muscle or tendon. Tendons connect muscles to bones. The most common locations for strains are the lower back and the legs (hamstring muscles).
In treating Sprain/Strain injuries, five rules named PRICE apply.
How To Treat Your Sprain or Strain in Falls Church
- P- Protection: Injured area should be protected from further damage.
- R- Rest: Allow injured area time to heal.
- I-Ice: Apply ice to injured area for ten minutes. Then rest for ten minutes. Then re-apply ice for ten minutes.
- C-Compression: Wrap the injured area by using a bandage.
- E-Elevation: Elevate the injured area by placing a pillow underneath if possible.
One 48 hours have passed, and you continue to have symptoms, consult our chiropractor at Rosa Family Chiropractic in Falls Church. We will evaluate the area of pain and determine whether X-Rays or other referrals are needed before starting a treatment plan.