Chiropractic Care for Jaw Pain in Alexandria
Many may associate seeing a chiropractor in Alexandria when having back pain, but chiropractors can help with more than just that. Not only can the doctors help with back, shoulder, and knee issues, but did you know that chiropractors are able to help those who are suffering from jaw pain as well? One of the most common causes of jaw pain is called temporomandibular disorder, which involves the temporomandibular joint or TMJ.
Determining If You Have TMJ disorder in Alexandria, VA
Here are some key questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have pain when opening you mouth?
- Is there a popping or clicking noise when opening your mouth?
- Does your jaw feel stiff or tight when it’s open?
- Does your jaw feel stuck or locked when it’s open?
- Are you having pain around the ear and temple along with your jaw pain?
- Are you having pain when chewing or eating certain types of food?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any one of these questions while suffering from jaw pain, then you may have an issue with your TMJ.
TMJ disorder in the U.S. alone affects 10 million people and is 4 times more prevalent in females. Along with toothaches, TMJ disorder is the most common cause of facial pain with 70% of those affected complaining of earaches.
So now that you know a little more about TMJ disorder and how to identify if you are possibly suffering from it, why not pay your friendly neighborhood chiropractor in Alexandria a visit?